{ Entrance }

it's not really a "Foyer", that sounds way to fancy for us hillbillys.
And, if you know us, you know that's true!
But here's what you'll see if you come to the front door of our home
{which I hope you do, otherwise you'll wind up in the Man Cave}


the burlap walled entrance, which was a big hit, and I love the look and texture of it.
And, the burlap really does hold up.


corbels, that I found at a yard sale in Chestnut Hill about 15 years ago.
They have traveled with me everywhere!


a window sign I made about a year ago.
It's the initial of our last name & the year we were married.
It's the most fabulous window trash pick ever.
They glass is a little smokey/foggy, and the paint is just perfectly chipped.
There are no grids & the handles on the bottom are authentic.


these little button cuties are easy peasy to make.
they are dollar store frames, spray painted with scrap book paper and buttons.
Simple, cute, & I love them.


A leaf plate that I just can't give up on.
I'm sure it was a Marshall's purchase from the early '90's but the look will never die for me.
{there are 2 more going up the stairs}


1950's group portraits of strangers.
But, I tell everyone it's my mother-in-law's class photo,
and my father-in-law's men's club photo.
{There's one in the powder room too
- but it's really a relative, my Pop Pop World War 1 group photo, really cool}


And this, silly, I know, but it's a light switch cover that I love more than any covers I've seen at giant retail stores. I found it at my local mom and pop hardware store, which needs to have it's own post entirely!

And that's it, welcome!

Linking up to

0 comments:

Post a Comment