{ Bookshelves }

There are beauties like these...

 Domino

Martha Stewart

Green Street

&
whole-wall bookshelves like these...


Pottery Barn

BHG

BHG

BHG



They're beautiful, gorgeous, they show personality, order.
I love how they flow with the room.  They don't make you feel like you're on the verge of some kind of attack.
They're calm, interesting, just plain great.

Mine, however, are not.
It's confession time people...
we're all friend's here right?
{Don't judge}
My name is Denise, and I have a man cave...


cave in a sense that its dismal and dark, 
not man cave in the sense that it has all the bells and whistles, with a sound system and a flat screen TV, and all tricked out.
No, just dark & gross.
{See that built-in 1972 TV at the bottom?}
Classic

I've never posted this room before, it was too embarrassing.  I even hate answering the door in that room.
I had high hopes of painting the room as soon as we got our hot little hands on the keys to the house.
But, my brother-in-law put the ca-bosch on that when he told my husband,
"this is mahogany".
Umm, I don't care if it's pure gold, I despise it! HATE I tell ya'!
You don't even know.

Along with the little "trinkets" which are strewn across the shelves.
Yup, that's a fox. And a teeny canoe in case we have any teeny friends that want to go for a cruise across the lake 
{no, we don't have a lake}.
There's a giant tortoise shell with all kinds of 1776 images carved on it.
A gigantic fishing lore, still in the box.
A gingerbread man, a snowman, photos of our kids,hand made ceramics, and an American Flag.
What am I gonna do with all this?
I promised Danny I would only use "his" stuff to accessorize the shelves.
I'm thinking of throwing in a lot of baskets
and some silver boxes, to cut down on the clutter.
I'd also like to cover the back of the book cases in burlap, or painted bead board



may be paint the bead board 
Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams


On the other side of the room there is a sectional made of a similar colored chenille.
{I'll show you that when this bookcase comes together}

I'd also like find some great looking books at the thrift store & cover some others in brown kraft paper


Replace the light fixtures

Add some new panels to the windows,
 drop cloths, of course.

All in all, it seems like it's coming together here online.
Now, let's see if I can convince Danny how great it would look.

Do you have a man cave?
Can you send me pics?  I really need help!

Time are a changin' people!  Times are a changin'!
Yeah Ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment