{ Adding Artwork in the Kitchen }


I'm going to let you in on a little secret about how I decorate my home.
I buy what catches my eye, THEN I find a place for it.
It's as simple as that. If I sought out every piece in my home and was very specific about what I wanted to go where, I would not have much going on in here.
I don't have a large enough wallet to be picky.

Of course every now and then, I think of an item I would like to put in a certain spot, but for the majority of of the time. This place is pulled together by dumb luck.


I found this framed oil painting at an auction recently. I'm pretty sure I didn't pay more than $1. for it.
Yes, ONE DOLLAR.
There was no one bidding against me.


So, how could I not leave with it.


Even if I just kept it for the frame, it's worth $1.


I like it here on the backside of my penninsula. My children will knock it down at least 200 times before I throw in the towel.
But I won't get rid of it. I'll just hang it somewhere else.
And that is what you call decorating on a budget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment