{ Home Tour ~ Winder & Main }

Winder and Main {LBP}

Hi I'm Meg, I write over at Winder and Main. I was so excited when Denise asked me to give you all a tour of our home. This is the 5th home we have lived in within the past 6 years. Due to hubby's job we move around a lot, which also means we rent instead of own our own home. Because it's a rental we can't change the permanent pieces of the house but we try to create our own personal touch through the decor. We love a cozy, cottage, almost farmhouse look you might find somewhere in New England.

When you walk in the front door you see the living/family room straight ahead.



I've slip-covered the sofas to try and keep up with our three young boys, they get washed quite often.


I love baskets so you'll see them throughout our home to hold a variety of different things.



Yes that is our own personal putting green in the living room, not sure if I'm the world's best wife or the world's craziest, but that's what happens when you marry a golfer. I'm hoping we will be in another house with a men's den once again so it can be hidden placed in there instead of out in the open.


A little sliver peek into the kitchen.



You can read the story behind this table here, it's probably my most favorite piece of furniture in the home.


My hubby was a state chess champ when he was younger so one of the glass urns is filled with some chess pieces he bought in Austria once. The other has an Ikea plant in it.


The prints above the bookcases which are hard to see are from my trip to France where I studied abroad in high school.




This rocking horse was handmade by my grandfather for out boys. I'm in the process of painting it.



Behind the living room is the kitchen and eating area. Our kitchen is really ugly bottom of the line builder grade so we'll skip that area but here is the breakfast nook. The chalkboard holds quotes and birthday messages, whatever event happens to be going on, but at the moment it is where we are creating our summer activity list.



This basket holds our napkins and a milk glass bowl full of fruit.






Kind of across from the kitchen is our master bedroom. It's not very masterly but it works for the moment.


I was inspired by a photo I saw on Pinterest for the bird prints. They came from a book I bought a few years ago and all the frames I already had but painted black. {please pardon the missing lamp shade, these were taken a while ago}.




This is our playroom/guestroom turned into our oldest son's bedroom. You can read more about the striped shams here. The pillow in front is a pillow I made for him when he lost his first tooth. There is a pocket on the front where he places his tooth for the tooth fairy to collect.





His nightstand used to be my vanity as a little girl. Kitty likes it in there too.





His dresser which you can read more about here and here. I love vintage globes so whenever I see one in good shape I purchase it for our little collection. We are not English, just admire the flag.


I can't take full credit for this idea but I love it! This vintage printer's tray holds the boys' Lego people. The painting above the tray was done by my son right after we found out we would be adding a third baby to our family.


The bulletin is made from an old frame I had in storage. I will be writing more about it later. The personal chalkboards were talked about here. They each have their own and draw on them daily.



This is the bunk room where the two youngest sleep. You can read all the details about it here.


The art work, except the large fish, are from thrift stores. They all have water and fishing in common. The large paint by number on the right was the initial inspiration for the room.










And that's our home. Hope you enjoyed the tour. Thank you Denise so much for inviting me over today!

~Meg
Meg's house is the cutest, and you'd never know it's a rental it's so warm and cozy.
Her master bedroom is one of my all time favorites in blog land, love those brown floral pillows!
And, if you like what you saw, check out Meg's shop to make them your own!
Thanks for sharin' Meg

0 comments:

Post a Comment