{ DIY Holiday Place settings }

Since I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year, I thought I'd take some time to lay out what my place settings will look like.
I came up with a few different styles and wanted to share them with you, for your holiday dinners.


The first is the most formal (for me).
I use music sheets for the place mat and a silver goblet for the wine.
I'm using 2 dishes from a turquoise milk glass set I found at a yard sale, and a random brown patterned soup bowl.


Second reminds me of the farm. And might be my favorite.
I cut up some black buffalo check fabric for the place mat and used a mason jar for the drinks.


I added a little candle by the setting made from a clean tuna can and remnants of yardstick cuttings from a project I did on my steps.


Next was another favorite of mine. 'Cause just about anything thing with maps is a favorite of mine.


Notice what country I used.


I had my husband in mind with his next place setting. He's woodsy and rustic, and I wanted to make a place setting that seemed very him.


I also scored this trout fish gravy boat at my local thrift store. It's perfect.


My mom MaryJane was the inspiration for this shabby chic setting. She loves all things ponk and pretty and romantic.


This one is a combo Danny/Denise. A little bit country, a little bit rustic farm. Pretty much one in the same.
But I love that I found a Pennsylvania Farm Show dish. (Since we live in PA, and Danny wishes we lived on a farm)


For a clean cut look I tried a black and white look.


And the grand finale....The Christmas look. The perfect combo of red and green, farm and rustic, with a little whimsy in the santa mug.



Which would you pick for you holiday table?

Don't forget to enter for your chance to be Philadelphia's next Design Star!

linking to

Christmas Open House
DIY Show Off
Home Stories A2Z

Saturday Nite Special link party via Funky Junk Interiors

0 comments:

Post a Comment