{ The Dining Room Issue of The Painted Home Magazine }

Well, it's finally here.
I've wanted to create an online line publication for some time now. So I did.
And here it is. I hope it gives you some great ideas to use in your own home and most of all to take chances.
I take just as many chances in real life as I do do here on The Painted Home.
I just can't take no for an answer. I like to think that I'm an optimist.
As I type this I'm listening to the Beatles, All you Need Is Love. I'm not even a huge Beatles fan, but man, do I like this song.

There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you
in time - It's easy.

The words sum up my thoughts on pretty much everything. Just do it. I'm a doer. If I have the slightest thought or inkling that I could do something I just get started on it. Whatever it might be. Cooking, painting, building something, carrying something that should really take 2 people, sending an email to an editor of a magazine, you name it, if the thought crosses my mind, I'm on it.
But, here's a secret...I have no idea what I'm doing.
I have no idea what people are talking about when they speak blog lingo, or anything at all about computers, facebook, HTML's, twitter, what are you talking about?...I wing it. I wing everything. I just have an instinct and I go with it. I'm just as amazed as you are that I am where I am. I'm flabbergasted when I find out how many people read my site, or follow me on facebook, instagram, twitter, or send me an emailing telling me how inspirational The Painted Home has been to them. Me? I pinch myself most of the time.

So, now it's your turn. Go. Go with whatever it is that you've been wanting to go with.
Write a book, install your own brick patio, travel the world, join the circus, change jobs, cut your hair, cut your lawn, get married, or don't, try yoga, get braces, be yourself.  Just go. Do something. You'll be so glad you did. (an hum the Beatles song all day today)
You'll find there aren't as many rules as you thought there were. ;)

click to preview our latest issue!

I hope you're inspired!

sharing with
Saturday Nite Special link party via Funky Junk Interiors
Home Stories A2Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment