{ Man Cave Updates }

not furnished yet, 
but I couldn't help to accessories it a bit...

this is the overall look
Everything was chosen with Danny in mind,
 The Dan Cave

The wall color is Koala Bear, by Behr, 
but it resembles the color eggs one of our chickens lay.


I know, pretty empty , right?
But, it's come along way since looking like this...



and then, this


Yikes.

so, without further ado,


I tried to accessorize with Danny's things, so it felt more 
Danny, than Denise.
{bear with me people, wait 'til he hangs up the furs!}


this is a shot of behind the bar.
I hung a shelf for his mugs and other what-nots.
{I know I'm missing a switchplate cover}


love the vintagey ceiling lights


the sconces beside the window are outdoor light fixtures from Home Depot
I always like the outdoor fixtures better than the indoor ones.





an old red chest I found on the side of the road, and the silver trophy cup as well,
believe it.


the bar top is not in yet.
it will be galvanized steel...eventually
{ehh hemm, Matthew}


here's a close up of the bar.  the facade is made of reclaimed lumber.


and the foot rest from plumbing pipes and 
re-purposed bricks from a cousins house.
I love the slate with all the wood and metal.


hidden gum balls.
I thought the gum ball machine would be a cute addition to the room, 
especially with its price tag of only 5 smackers.
But, Jonas proved me wrong.
It's not so cute when a 2 year old is drooling multi-colored spit, 
'cause he can't keep it in his mouth since his mouth is packed with gum.
So, now they're kept away from little fingers.


I'm showing you the stairs half way through a project.
I used 4 different colors on the risers.  
Each color was a left over from colors used throughout the house.
I'm planning on some thing else for the risers too, so 
stay tuned.


0 comments:

Post a Comment