{ Adding glass doors to my kitchen cabinets }


As usual, this project was started months ago.
But, it's simple and easy. Definitely something you could do in your own home.


Remember my kitchen? There's a little about it here, here, and here.
We took down a wall between the kitchen and dining room to create one larger room.
We also created a peninsula because of this wall removal, and, I got to add some storage cabinets on the back side of the peninsula. Okay, so all that is not the "simple and easy" part.
But this is...
I've always wanted to do something more with those storage cabinets.


So, I removed the doors and got to work on them.


I painted the edges of the door Annie Sloan Graphite, and had my nephew cut out the main panel of the door, so that I could add glass panels.



Using left over AS paints, I created my own shade of green.
(don't ask. It was so long ago, I don't remember the combo.)



I had the local glass store cut seeded glass to fit (about and inch larger) the opening in the cabinet door.




I didn't paint the inside of the cabinets, may be in 2015. So, I used green leaf plates and silver plates to line the back of the cabinets and give it a little extra punch.


I used cup hooks along the top of the cabinets so I had a little more strorage room while still keepin' it pretty.







Now, if only I could figure out what color I want to paint the stools.

0 comments:

Post a Comment