{ How to Use the Colors from Maps }

Okay, so I've showed you the best room in the house.
Now, onto the most difficult room in the house. The man cave.
We've been in this house almost 2 1/2 years, and I just can not get this room together.
(besides the fact that Danny doesn't want me to touch it,
which makes it a little difficult to decorate. snort.)


But, I think I've cracked the code. Map colors.
I've never been a fan of primary colors. But I am a fan of maps and globes. So, I figured that if I used colors from maps and globes around the room, maybe I'd like it more and it would start to look pulled together.

It all started with this table I found at an auction. I slapped a coat of yellow on it, and the room started to come to life.



I realized that if I added some colors, like the ones in the globes and the maps that are around the room, the room would not feel as dreary.


So, slowly but surely the room is feeling a little more zippy!


And here's a little sneak peek at my new love, the coffee table! And yes, it's the same blue as the blue in the maps! yippee!


Don't forget to enter for your chance to be Philly's next Design Star!

Linking to
Home Stories A2Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment