{Country living Fair Wrap-Up}

Ahh, I have finally made it back home from the Country Living Fair Ohio.
It was a doosey!  Loved every minute of it.
If you couldn't make it, I thought I'd share with you what you missed.

I kept track of all the goodies I came across on my instagram account.


If you're not on instagram yet, what are you waiting for?
I post frequently on my instagram account, so you can see what I'm up to, or inspiration I find in the everyday.


Okay, on to the fair!
We started out our weekend with early bird passes, which get you in the gate at 8:30am.
Which is a great deal, so if you plan on going in Atlanta, or Texas I recommend it.
You beat the crowds that wait and wait to be let in the fair like heard of cattle at 10am.


The fair is packed with awesome vendors. So, bring your credit card and a wagon. You're gonna need it!
I'm always in awe of women who can make jewelry, sew, knit, crochet, etc... I can NOT, so I totally appreciated these treats...besides that fact that each and every one of them was way cool, and I'd definitely be having a beer with them if we were neighbors.

( Marie Pendley of Derby Blooms )


( Melody Elizabeth , who also happens to be Marie's [above] sister! )






 (awesome jewelry holder by Melody Elizabeth)
tutorial coming soon on how to make one of these bad boys for yourself




 ( Thrifty Trixie [and my new skirt] )

 ( Twist Style by Maryellen )


There's also lot's of vintage goodness at the fair.





(Junk Diva At This Old House)






The highlight of the trip for Danny was meeting Will Moses.


Yes, as in Grandma Moses. Will is the great grandson as the famous painter. His work is amazing!


The highlight of my trip was meeting Sarah Gray Miller, editor at Country Living Magazine.


Yes, I'm theamazon on the left looking like I could swallow her whole.
Sarah was so kind and warm. It was such a thrill to have a chat with the person behind the magazine I grew up reading. The cherry on my weekend! (In case my husband is reading this, then spending 3 glorious days with him tops the list. But, who am I kidding. He doesn't read this.)

There were so many little details all over the fairgrounds. I can't imagine how long it took to set up.
I wish CL made a video of the process of setting the fair up. A-MAZE!

Here's just a few small details - 











So, have I convinced you to go yet?
Now. If you'll excuse me I have to go take my gigantic topiary dog out for a walk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment