{ Anthro Knock off Shade }

I pretty much love every product Anthropologie sells.
Who doesn't?  The prices, not so much.
So, every now and them I've gotta knock off an idea I see at Anthropogie.
My latest victim, a lamp shade. I love the one above.
But, besides not needing another lamp, I don't need the $98 price tag. (and that just for the shade people!)

So, I set out to recreate the same look for little to no cost...
Here's my simple, cute Homegoods lamp. (with ho humm shade)


Although the shade already had a burlap like fabric on it, I wanted to add my own.
I laid the shade on top of the burlap and hot glued, then rolled, hot glued, then rolled.


I trimmed the burlap after I glued it to the shade.  I wanted it a little messy and crumpled for more texture.
I folded the edge when I got the the seem.


After that, I glued my fabric flowers around the shade. No rhyme or reason, just a natural flow of flowers.
(I also frayed the edges of the burlap around the bottom of the shade for a more distressed feel.





Ta-Da! Here's the side by side...


linking to 

Home Stories A2Z

&

0 comments:

Post a Comment