{ The Den }

prepare for the longest post for the smallest room in history...

When we moved into our home this past July this room was the dining room.
But, since I wanted to seat lots of people I switched the dining room to the living room.
Now we have a good size dining room and this little room we call the den.


this room used to look like this


yes, very red.
But with a little time, and even less money it has become one of my favorite rooms in the house.


it's perfect for morning time, when the kids first wake up.
they grab a juice or whatever and head to the den. {it's right next to the kitchen, which you may never see pictures of}


love this little table, which I found in the trash and painted white.
The lamp base was also a trash find, with a shade left over from the previous homeowners {cover in burlap with hot glue}.


I'm currently addicted to these little flowers which I learn how to make from Emily at 
Jones Design Company.




see, teeny


this was the original dining room chandelier.  I spayed it black satin 
{while it was still hung}


shades 99 cents from Lowes with clothesline trim


Armoire from my son's room in our other house.


yes, another trash find {4 of them}


Grocery sign my girls made with sharpie markers
You can see a peek of red wall paper below the sign from before the bead board was installed.
{Painting over wallpaper is a whole 'nother post people}




Brown ticking panels, now living their 3rd round of life in a whole new spot.



Soft seagrass-ish rug I just snagged at IKEA for a steal.
{but for reason of "creative financing" I'm pleading the 5th on the actual cost}


Green shutters I love, and yes, found in the trash.
{I think I might need to start a service where I drive people around on trash days and show them all the good trash spots, right?}


{ L O V E }








Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

0 comments:

Post a Comment