{ Chairs }

if you have chairs like these, like my client has
{that may be you inherited from Grandmom} 
~ here's an easy way to update them ~
   
        
start with some yummy fabric like this one from Robert Allen
   
      
gather your tools
{staple gun, scissors, drill, bits}
   
   
you'll most likely need this funky little number if they're "mature"
   
   
flip those ladies over and unscrew the screw from each corner
      
      
wrap them like a present
{don't forget to put the side you want to show facing down}
      
   
keep the chairs in order, so the seat you took off goes back to the same base it came from
{you never know, they may not match up perfectly}
   
      
wait, did you see those sconces?
here's another glimpse
   
   
and with the lights on ~
gorgie!

   
see that striped ceiling?
l o v e 
   
   
anywho ~ here's what you'll wind up with
   
   
ta da, much better
If you really want a change, spray paint the base once you removed the cushion.  I would have loved to do that here, but it would have been way too funky/modern for this family.
we also hung some woven wood roman shades above the giant window
       
   
and added some antiquing glaze to the built-in china cabinets
     
 
these guys
{which will have mirrored backs next time you see them}
   
    
I'm dying to use this mirror in this room

But, I think I scared the crap out of my client when I emailed it to her. lol
I'll find somewhere to put it
{Hopefully it'll wind up in a garage reno I'm working on for another client ~ I'll keep you posted}
and I'd like to MAKE on for myself for the 
Powder Room

0 comments:

Post a Comment