{ Finding your style }

It's not always easy to find your style.
Especially when you first move in to your home.
It takes time & tweeking.  And, even then, you'll probably wind up tweeking some more.
This is what my fireplace in my dining room looks like today.
I'm happy with it.  But it took a while to get here.


When we first saw the house, the room looked like this.


I knew right away I wanted to room to be a dining room instead of a living room.
And, I  L O V E  it as a dining room.




At first, I just thought the fireplace needed a tiny bit of color, so I painted it sea salt by sherwin williams.
Snore.


Something still was just not right. So, I Darkened the back wall and added horizontal stripes.


The stripes worked out great, but I knew the mantel needed to be heftier. 
So, we had a mantel made from old barn wood by John Duffy, from Stable Tables.
getting there...


Then, finally a little before Christmas, I painted the fireplace black.
Donk.  That was it.




Now, the fireplace works well with the rest of the room , and the rest of the house for that matter.
So, it takes a while, but keep tweeking.  i know I always will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment