{ Smoke & Mirrors - A Bathroom Reveal }


okay people...
everyone's dying to know...
"How'd I paint the tile" 
and "darn, my tub is pink
or I'd do the same thing"

Well, get out your brushes & rollers - 
'cause my tub was pink too
and it still is.


A shower curtain, it's an amazing thing.
It's like a permanent
"Before and After"


I used oil based KILZ over the old pink tiles.


I rolled it on with a sponge roller.
I let the KILZ dry for a few days, then went over it with Semi-Gloss Latex paint.


Here's where the white tile ends and the old pink begins.
I even still have the metal attachment from the shower doors.


Can you even notice the pink tile with this gorgeous floor in your sight?

The only time the curtain is open is when my kids are taking a bath.
Other than that they are always closed.
My kids could care less what color their tub is.
I'm pretty sure the girls would be disappointed if it was anything BUT pink.

The only other time it might be open, is if a house guest is nosy.


Here's the break down
  • 2 quarts Ben Moore Paint - $36.
  • 1 quart Kilz Paint - $8.
  • Knobs for the cabinet - $15.
  • Flooring - $60
  • Shower curtain - $25.
  • Window Fabric - $15.
  • Shutters - $67.
  • Drawer shelf on wall - $7.
  • Curved Shower Curtain Rod - $30.
  • Light Fixture - $33.
  • Glass shades - $15
  • Towel Ring - $9.
  • Bath mat - $10.
  • Toilet Seat - $20.
That's a $352 renovation!

Here's an old drawer I picked up at the Perkiomenville Flea Market today.
The chippy paint is perfect.




For more info on this bathroom re-do check out

0 comments:

Post a Comment