{How to make a Kid sized Office}


There is a small closet just outside the girl's bedroom.
It was the perfect spot for them to set up shop and travel around webkin world, very important work for 6 & 7 year old girls.


I finished the hallway outside of this closet a few weeks ago with gym flooring as a chair rail.





Along with a collection of mis-matched frames and the kid's initials.
I painted the outside of the door black, to match the rest of the house.



The inside of the door I painted duck egg blue.


I added a 1"pine board as a desk top to the inside of the closet. And covered the edge with a vintage red yard stick.
Hung a rod below the desk top and slipped a small quilted blanket over it to hide cords and computer parts. 


Found a small ottoman that was used in their nurseries for a stool.


A wire basket is the perfect size to hang on the inside of the duck egg blue door.
Which, can be conveniently shut to hide messes.
There was already a shelf at the top of the closet, so I just slipped in some baskets to contain small items.
The back wall was covered in cork panels.


I used one of my all time favorite DIY projects, the globe pendant lamp, as a light source.



Officially one of my favorite rooms in the house.


linking up to
Saturday Nite Special link party via Funky Junk Interiors

Home Stories A2Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment