{ Flea Market Dining }

I don't know what it is about Fall that makes you want to
cook chilli and have friends over for a big fat food & wine fest?
(well, I would have Jeanne Jones & Co. bring the chilli) -
but I'm happy to fix up the dining room to get ready for everyone!


Here's how you can pull together a casual & cozy Fall table
with just things sitting around your house 
(or, umm, your neighbors trash, thrift stores, 
flea markets, and your lawn)


I've got a thing for plates. I've had these leaf ones for eva' and they work with everything!
I mix and match all the rest of that plates - they're a mesh of  chickens, birds, and flowers.
It's whatever you like.  Mixing it makes it more casual.


The glasses don't match either.



...or the chairs.
and they never stay the same color.
They've been stained, blue, yellow, and today, green.
Oh, and one more thing.  They were all FREE.
Side of the road.

And don't forget, I have kids.
This is no fancy shmancy dining event people.
I found this on the side of the road too.
It's the perfect size for a 3 year old and goes with the whole
mish mash look.


And this may be the mother load of all trash finds.


It's a 10' long bar/buffet type thingy.
With the perfect paint color and chippy-ness.
Some things just don't need to be re-done.



I collected a few pine cones and tossed them around the buffet.



Filled the copper bucket with wood.


I've packed the room with lots of cozy seating.
It's amazing what a throw and some pillows will do to a space.







Lot's of candles to add to the warm atmosphere.






These window treatments are another mis-treatment
(which is the only way to go) explained here.




The bar is packed (get it? luggage? packed?).
snort.


Ready to make some more piles of these...


0 comments:

Post a Comment