{The Holy Grail}

Let me start off by saying these were found in the trash


yes, trash, as in ...the garbage, side of the road, just plain thrown away. The pitcher & the flatware, together.
I know, come on people?! What are you doing?
But, lucky for me, they are now mine.
On with the grand sha-bang, the big kahunna,
the most fabulous birthday present of them all, the mother of all tables...
ta-da


my new dining room table.
{which suprising looks a little weird in these shots, I'm not gonna lie, I think it needs a little somethin' somethin'. May be it's a rug} later on that

But, I'm still in love I tell ya'.


those legs...from a front porch of an "i don't know how old" house. stripped and primed, ready for me to paint & distress.


seating for 12, with a bench to be delivered soon.


love the color of the wood & the matte wax finish, with bits of saw marks throughout.


I brought this guy our from retirement for the occasion. 
{I'm talking about the floral slipcover} 


I plan on painting the legs with several coats of paint.
I started it here...


I'll add a few shades of blues & greens, then end with a tobacco rub.
So, you haven't seen the last of the dining room yet.

I swear, I do more than set up my dining room everyday.


{forgot to mention ~ the table was made by John Duffy, of Stable Tables - check him out ladies & get yourself one}
I highly recommend it.
Did I tell you it took 2 weeks from picking out my table to delivery - 2 weeks!  UNHEARD of!
Go, run to Stable Tables.

0 comments:

Post a Comment