Farmhouse Dining Room


Here's what I have in mind...
Farmhouse Dining


I'm using this table, from IKEA, instead of the one in the image above (from Pier One,have I mentioned I LOVE Pier One lately?).  The IKEA table has extensions,
so I can seat more when needed, 
and keep it smaller and cozy when 
it's just us for cereal dinner.

I'm planning on white-washing the bottom of the table
(Ben Moore - Ivory Tusk), for more of a farmhouse feel & to make it look a little more custom, and less IKEA. 


I am going to experiment with this Brushed Nickel spray paint 
on the dining chairs...
I used it on a client's picture frames recently and fell in love with it. (go get yourself some)



I already have a black bench, 
which will workout perfectly with 3 small kids.
And if the above chair project doesn't work out, they'll be painted black too.

The cow hide rug looks great in the picture, but the more I think about it, the more it will drive me crazy keeping it clean.
(I'll send it upstairs to our bedroom I think)
So I am thinking about painting the entire dining room floor something like this...

The walls will have a combination of 
BM Ivory Tusk board and batten, and SW Rice Grain.
I have an old buffet that I will paint SW Sea Salt.



 It's a toss up for the end chairs.  I thinking either -
 
or


The light fixtures are easy and inexpensive - 
So, all in all this room comes in at a little under $1500.
Not including labor - AKA me.
Not bad for a dining room re-do, eh?

Do you need help with a room in your house?
Click Design Consultations at the top of this page
& I can help you create your own unique & budget friendly space!
I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas...

0 comments:

Post a Comment