~ Rearranging ~

I'm addicted to rearranging my furniture.  I'm sure I do it 3-4 times a year.
I love it, it's free, and you get a whole new look for a couple of months.
Yuck, look at this room.
This is the eat in area of out kitchen, it's a hot mess.


I loved these when I first got them, but they are beat, hopeless, and trashed.
But I have no choice than to keep them.
With our house up for sale, there is no way I want to buy new furniture.  
I'll save that for the new house.


I've always liked the feel of upholstered furniture in a kitchen.
Remember the Osbourne's kitchen? Yes, I mean Ozzy Osbourne.
I loved it!  I don't know why they wanted to move.
Anyway, they had this great shabby chic, overstuffed love seat/sofa in their kitchen.
It was awesome!
So I tried this ~




they used to be here ~


(ignore the slop, it's spring break, and the sleeping child on the floor, okay, who left their kid here?)
anyhow, back to rearranging ~


hmm...just not right (but cute, eh?)





getting better


check out the mess being created behind me ~


ahh, the perfect chair for a 1 1/2 year old to stand and watch TV on, just what he was looking for

did you notice these in any of the before pics?
this ones okay, at least it's green


what in the world is this?


and this?


oh yea, there's more...


and these are no small plants people, they're big hunkers.
I've lived with these hideous creatures for most of my married life.
It really puts a cramp in my decorating.
I assume my husband is still in the denial phase of morning, refusing to believe that they are actually dead.
He actually moves them in and out of the house.  Like they are an elderly Aunt confined to a wheelchair, and he wants to give her some fresh air on nice days.  Someone help me!
So I decided to add a little to the new set up ~



a little blue and white sofa table I absolutely love, but have a hard time finding a place for ~





okay, so it's a little bare, 
I still have to accessorize those shelves
stick with me ~



it's kinda' cute, right.
sort of like a little "waiting room"
beside, here's where we really eat all our meals ~


and the table was put to good use in the other room.
they've already taken it over as the craft table.



and there's a TV above the island


so, perfect place for these.




okay, so it's cute, I like it ~ for now at least
the family room, on the other hand, is offically now a hot mess!
I'm sure my realtor is NOT going to be happy with this set up...what happened to the eat-in-kitchen?
This just works better for our family.  Besides, we eat outside on the deck from May 'til September.
So, stay tuned, this room still needs to be tweeked.
Have you hear of the "Parade of Homes" coming the week of April 26th?
It's sponsered by Poppies at Play ~
it's going to feature 19 Fabulous Bloggers Houses (and my, not so fab = 20 Houses)
I'm dying to see these ladies digs, and I know you are too!
So, I'll keep the living room under wraps 'til then.
Have a great sunny day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment